Depending on what I've got planned, I usually have one or two smoothies a day, in addition to my main meals and other snacks. I always have one before and after any serious strength training workout. I also make sure to have a smoothie about an hour or so before my martial arts training. It's a great way to fuel up without feeling heavy or overly full.
Here's my go-to smoothie recipe.
- 8-10 oz. cold green tea or water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen organic mixed berries
- 1/2 cup frozen organic spinach, kale, or both
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed and/or chia seed
- 2 to 4 tablespoons protein powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered greens or spirulina (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
A few quick points...
- Add more green tea (or water) if the smoothie is too thick.
- I use NutriBiotic rice protein powder. My smoothies tend to have 20-40 grams of protein.
- Sometimes I substitute frozen tropical fruit (pinapple, papaya, mango, etc.) or acai in place of mixed berries.
- You won't taste the spinach or kale.
Post a Comment