Since I received a surprising amount of positive feedback for my Books Read, 2015 post, I decided to start posting my monthly list of books read.
My reading in January definitely tended towards philosophical matters. And for someone who is not an Aikidoka, I read more than a couple of Aikido-themed books. Even the two fantasy novels by Elizabeth A. Lynn—a Shihan and 6th dan in Aikido—feature a fictional version of the art.
- Chalice by Robin McKinley
- Watchtower by Elizabeth A. Lynn
- The Dancers of Arun by Elizabeth A. Lynn
- Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life by Thich Nhat Hanh
- What Makes You Not a Buddhist by Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse
- The Official Prisoner Companion by Matthew White and Jaffer Ali
- 935 Lies: The Future of Truth and the Decline of America’s Moral Integrity by Charles Lewis
- Aikido in Everyday Life: Giving in to Get Your Way by Terry Dobson and Victor Miller
- It's a Lot Like Dancing: An Aikido Journey by Terry Dobson